steel joint venture buys united gulf steel mill

Construction work starts on $272m steel plant in Abu …

United Iron & Steel (UIS) has announced that construction of its new AED1 billion ($272 million) galvanised steel production plant in Abu Dhabi will start by the end of this month. The planned steel cold rolling factory will produce up to 250,000 tons of galvanised steel per year for customers in Middle East, Europe & Africa, the company said in a statement.

Get Price

In $700M deal, U.S. Steel buys stake in Big River Steel

Under the agreement, the two companies will form a joint venture with U.S. Steel receiving a 49.9% ownership interest. It will also have an option to acquire the remaining 50.1%.

Get Price

Foulath Holding BSC Closed | Bahrain Steel | SULB | USCO | …

United Steel Company ("SULB") BSC (c) is the Middle East region's first fully integrated medium and heavy beams and structural steel sections producer. Located in the Kingdom of Bahrain, SULB is a joint venture between Gulf United Steel Holding Company ("Foulath") BSC (c) …

Get Price

SULB Steel Mill – Kooheji Contractors

About SULB Steel Mill United Steel Company (“SULB”) BSC (c) is the Middle East region’s first fully integrated medium and heavy beams and structural steel sections producer. Located in the Kingdom of Bahrain, SULB is a joint venture between Gulf United Steel ...

Get Price

Multi-Billion Investment in Alabama, Mittal Tells Trump

A joint venture of ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metal Corp., in 2014, bought, for $1.55 billion, the sprawling steel mill that ThyssenKrupp built in Mobile County for $5 billion. The German investment crashed headlong into the 2008 Great Recession.

Get Price

In $700M deal, U.S. Steel buys stake in Big River Steel

 · Under the agreement, the two companies will form a joint venture with U.S. Steel receiving a 49.9% ownership interest. It will also have an option to acquire the remaining 50.1%.

Get Price

Russia's Severstal to Sell U.S. Plants to American Steel …

 · After huge losses on facilities in the United States and Brazil, last year the German steel maker Thyssen Krupp sold the steel finishing mill it had built in Calvert, Ala., to a joint venture of ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel & Sumitomo

Get Price

Hilco SP LLC and Environmental Liability Transfer, Inc. …

RG Steel bought the mill and other plants from Severstal in 2011. Within the joint venture, ELT purchased the 3,400 acre Sparrows point site along with certain reusable buildings.

Get Price

Bahrain's new steel plant signs $373m loan deal

Bahrain-based United Steel Company (Sulb) has signed a $373 million loan agreement with BNP Paribas and Societe Generale (SGCIB) for the implementation of a major steel …

Get Price

Nucor to Acquire Southland Tube

CHARLOTTE, N.C., Dec. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Nucor Corporation (NYSE: NUE) announced today that it has agreed to acquire Southland Tube, an independent manufacturer of hollow structural section ...

Get Price

Big River Steel attracts $700M investment

Big River Steel’s original owners will also hold certain options related to the future ownership make up of Big River Steel, should U.S. Steel choose not to exercise its option. Big River’s Osceola-based Flex Mill is a LEED-certified steel mill and is the newest and one of the most technologically advanced flat-rolled mills in North America, according to a Big River Steel news release.

Get Price

U.S. Steel takes large stake in Big River Steel (NYSE:X) | …

U. S. Steel (NYSE:X) says it has taken the first step toward acquiring a 49.9% ownership stake in Big River Steel through a joint venture partnership agreement. Big River operates a LEED-certified ...

Get Price

Steel industry head blasts lack of GCC investment

Yesterday it was announced that United Steel Company - a joint venture between steel producer and investment vehicle Gulf United Steel Holding Company, also known as Foulath, and Japan’s Yamato Kogyo - bought Saudi Arabia’s United Gulf Steel Mill ...

Get Price

SULB steel plant at Hidd set to go ahead

Gulf Daily News reported that USD 1.2 billion steel plant will go ahead in Bahrain, despite a council bid to block it. The report cited Shaikh Hamad bin Mohammed Al Khalifa assistant under ...

Get Price